First Time Login?
Members of the New York State Workforce:
If you have a NY.gov account, click the SLMS Log In button on the SLMS home page and enter your user name and password.
If you do not have a NY.gov account, contact your agency IT Help Desk.
If you have forgotten your password, click the Forgot My Password link on the NY.gov page from the SLMS Log In link, or contact your agency IT Help Desk to reset your password.
If you want to change your password, log on to the NY.gov site at https://ws04.nyenet.state.ny.us and follow instructions for changing your password.
Back to top
Do you have a NY.gov account? If so, follow these instructions:
- Type https://ws04.nyenet.state.ny.us into your Internet browser . Click Sign In on the NY.gov page.
- Sign in using your user name and password. Click Sign In.
- 3. Select App Enrollment from the list on the left side of the page.
- 4. Select Enroll next to NYS GOER Statewide Learning Management System (SLMS).
- 5. Follow instructions 9-14 below to fill out the External User Registration Form.
If you do not have a NY.gov account, you will first create an account:
- Type https://ws04.nyenet.state.ny.us into your Internet browser and click Don’t Have An Account? on the NY.gov page.
- Select Personal as the account you want to create. Click the button to Sign Up for a Personal NY.gov ID.
- You will be asked to select a user name. If your user name is unique, you can proceed to create an account by clicking on Create Account. If you already have an account, select the Email Me the User ID and follow the instructions above.
- The next page will ask you to verify the information submitted so far. Click Continue.
- To activate your new account, go to your email and click the link sent to you from NY.gov.
- You will be asked to set up three security questions and answers, and create a password.
- Once you have created your password, click Continue. On the next page, select Continue to Enrollment.
- Under Application Enrollment, select the enroll button next to NYS GOER Statewide Learning Management System (SLMS) to take you to the SLMS registration page.
In SLMS, you will fill out a registration form:
Back to top
- On the SLMS Self Service External page, select External User Registration.
- Fill out the registration form with information about yourself as a learner.
- Name: Enter your first and last name.
- Address: You can enter either a home or a business address, select the type.
- Personal Information: Enter your email address and phone, either home or business, so you can be contacted if there is any change in training.
- Primary Job Information: Enter your primary job information. Click on the magnifying glass to find a drop down list for Job Family, Job Title, and Organization.
- When you are finished, click the Submit Information button at the bottom of the page.
- Click Sign out and wait 5 minutes for your information to be processed.
- Enter https//:nyslearn.ny.gov into your Internet browser.
- Select SLMS Log In at the top of the page.
- Log in using your new username and password.
Back to top
- Log on to the SUNY Portal (suny.edu). If your campus has not yet implemented EduPerson, you will need to enter your SUNY ID as part of this process.
- Select Faculty & Staff.
- Select SUNY Secure Signon.
- Select the e-Business Services tab.
- Select the Update My Account button and update your email address.
- Select the Link for SLMS.
For Help Logging In, please contact the SLMS Help Desk at 518–473–8087 M–F, 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., or request help at SLMS Help Desk
Back to top